Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cupcake Cookies

I made these "cupcakes" for Rachel Marie's first birthday. We weren't having a party on the weekend of her big day, so I just wanted something simple. We'd also had one of those days and the last thing I wanted to do was slave away in the kitchen. I adapted this recipe from one I'd clipped from an old issue of Parents magazine. They were delicious, fun for the kiddos to eat, and very easy. Enjoy!



Ingredients

1-17.5. ounce box of sugar cookie
Chocolate pudding (I made Instant Jell-O pudding using two-percent milk.)
Strawberries
Whipped cream




Directions

Preheat oven to 375ºF. Prepare cookies as directions on box indicate. Generously coat a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray. Drop a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough into each cup. Press dough into bottom and up the sides of cups. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately reshape cookies into the cups, using the back of a spoon to press them along the pan. Let cool for 10 minutes. Fill cups with pudding and add whipped cream, if desired. Top with fruit.

No comments: